Software Program Developer/Support
Under the direction of the Senior Software Developer, the Software Developer/Support position will be responsible to develop and maintain our organization’s system software and computing infrastructure. They will be responsive to deliver successful web and Windows applications through the full development lifecycle as well as documenting these applications. This position must be able to demonstrate the ability to self-start and work on projects independently. Solid candidates will have the ability to prioritize daily issues along with longer term projects to achieve established timelines. A commitment to detail and quality standards are required.
- Design, develop and test, and document the implementation of custom software applications according to business needs and specifications. This includes new and existing applications.
- Work to build integration amongst the various different business systems and reduce the manual data manipulation and entry. Building a “data warehouse” that can be used to consolidate data from numerous business systems.
- Understand the business and build deliverable reports/queries that help the business in successful data driven management.
- Foster the implementation and configuration of existing software that is currently underutilized.
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Extensive knowledge of coding languages and systems.
- Ability to learn new coding languages and technologies.
- Proficient with Microsoft environment and related software.
- Willingness to learn and support 3rd party software.
- Requires bachelor's degree in computer science, software engineering or a related field.
- Candidates must have 3-5 years of software development and support experience.
- Knowledge of relational database design; experience using SQL Server with ability to write stored procedures, user defined functions, SQL queries, Crystal Reports, and SSRS
- Ability to work directly with end users of varying backgrounds to determine the cause of daily support issues as well as suggest overall process improvements.
- Experience with Sage’s MAS100 accounting software, TruckMate, and Mantis
- Prior knowledge and involvement in a Warehouse Management System (WMS) and a 3PL environment
- Working knowledge of Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) and implementation of EDI
- Prior exposure to label printer management and label design/coding (ZPL)
- Prior experience with help desk, server, and network infrastructure maintenance
Apply online using the link here>>> https://www.indeed.com/job/software-program-developer
Only qualified applicants will be considered; those qualified may be asked to complete an assessment. Ace will only employ those who are legally authorized to work. Any offer of employment is conditional upon the successful completion of a background check and drug screen.
Job Type: Full-time
Ace Worldwide is an Equal Opportunity Employer