Position Title: Relocation Planning Lead Reporting To: Director of HH Goods Transportation
The Dispatcher is responsible for the daily dispatching of drivers in a timely and efficient manner. The individual will communicate to the driver specific customer service requirements and key goals. These goals include meeting customer pick-up and delivery requirements, achieving equipment performance standards, maintaining an excellent safety record, and retaining quality drivers. The dispatcher will need to use an open, interactive leadership style to reconcile customer and driver needs while leading drivers to meet these company performance goals.
- Responsible for the selection and sequencing of available jobs to provide seamless customer service. through efficient response and deployment of Trucks and Drivers to include loading and unloading responsibilities.
- Monitor van operators of next assignment and assign work according to set criteria.
- Analyze loads for viability based on load dates, delivery dates and line haul per load.
- Collaborate with other departments to maximize asset utilization.
- Promote driver usage of new resources and technology to eliminate redundancies.
- Resolve problems concerning transportation, logistics systems or customer issues.
- Effectively communicate with customer service, van line operations and your van operators to consistently meet client expectations.
- Build relationships with van operators, Atlas Van Lines and its respective agents ensuring a positive work environment and overall retention of driver workforce.
- Timely and accurate communication with billing and customer service to foster timely and accurate billing and driver pay.
- Responsible management of driver advances.
- Help drive continuous improvement including process innovations and quality.
- In conjunction with operations and sales, will help connect opportunities to completion through maximum asset utilization.
- 3-5 years’ experience working within moving and storage or transportation industry. Working within van line network is preferred.
- Leadership experience.
- Comfort in contributing to and executing on business tactics.
- Strong and accurate communication skills with persistence when needed.
- Proactive problem-solving skills.
- Commitment to safety as demonstrated through previous work.
- Personal accountability with a customer-focused sense of urgency.
- Professional communication and people skills with both “office” and “driver” team members.
- Comfort with succeeding in a constantly evolving multi-dimensional work environment.
- Team player.
- Experience with computer fleet management systems plus working knowledge of MS Office Suite.
- Must be willing to work over and above to get the job done.
To Apply for this position, please send an email with your cover letter and resume to: Jobs@aceworldwide.com