Environmental Health & Safety (EHS) Specialist - Greater Milwaukee Area
AW2 Logistics, an industry leading company with core competencies include warehousing, distribution, packaging/crating, transportation, inventory management, light assembly, facility rollout/remodel, product return/disposal and other supply chain solutions, is currently searching for an EHS Specialist to join our team!
This is a critical role that will serve as the safety champion at all AW2 locations (Greater Milwaukee area) and be responsible for the development and implementation of safety and environmental programs supporting the warehouse environment. Developing, coordinating and directing company-wide safety and OSHA compliance programs, including safety training, incident investigation/follow-up, incident prevention programs, safety awareness programs, worker's compensation claims management, and minimizing property loss exposure.
- Serve as designated safety representative for all 5 AW2 Southeastern Wisconsin locations
- Identify and inform management of compliance issues, safety risks and improvement opportunities by conducting daily, weekly and monthly safety audits.
- Conduct risk assessments on current practices, machinery and tools and analyze accident data to identify potential safety concerns. Make recommendation for, and/or take any necessary actions to reduce the risk exposure.
- Facilitate incident investigation process
- Perform Safety Observations & Audits
- Conduct all site specific specialty equipment training for new employees and retraining or re-certifications for current employees. Maintain all site specific training files.
- Lead the safety committee at each location. Hold regular meetings and safety huddles.
- Influence behavior and inspire commitment on the part of all employees safety standards and maintaining a safe work environment.
- Regular travel between the 5 Greater Milwaukee area locations is required
The ideal candidate will have a bachelor's degree in Occupational Safety and Health and 5 years of hands-on safety experience in a warehouse/distribution environment; equivalent experience considered in lieu of a degree. A strong working knowledge of OSHA and related regulations. Experience in Worker's Compensation case management. A professional and positive attitude, exceptional interpersonal, communication and organizational skills, ability to multi-task and work independently in a fast-paced environment. Bi-lingual (Spanish/English) strongly desired.
Interested candidates should submit a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please list job title in subject of email.
AW2 is an Equal Opportunity Employer.