Position Title: Dispatcher
Reporting to: Director of Transportation-Household Goods
The Dispatcher is responsible for the daily dispatching of drivers in a timely and efficient manner. The individual will communicate to the drivers specific customer service and key goals. These goals include meeting customer pick-up and delivery requirements, achieving equipment performance standards, maintaining an excellent safety record, and retaining quality drivers. The dispatcher will need to use an open, interactive leadership style to reconcile customer and driver needs while leading drivers to meet these company performance goals.
- Maintain proper execution of moves for assigned driver force.
- Maintain accurate and timely communication with driver force, load planner and customer service.
- Verify delivered status of files in software system.
- Communicate service and accessorial information to customer service and billing departments in a timely manner.
- Promote driver use of new resources and technology to eliminate redundancies.
- Conduct operations in a safe manner that is compliant with state and federal DOT regulations.
- Receive, review and ensure appropriateness of driver work assignments.
- Keep customer service informed of issues that might impact customer performance expectations.
- Analyze and root-cause service failures to take corrective actions.
- Keep drivers motivated, focused and informed.
- Provide developmental feedback to drivers regarding their performance.
- Identify and resolve problem issues.
- Enforce professional driver appearance and behavior.
- 3-5 years of work experience as a dispatcher and or supervisor in moving & storage or the transportation industry.
- Excellent attendance.
- Excellent communication and listening skills.
- Assertive, well-organized team player able to lead and motivate others to achieve operational goals.
- Willingness to work extended and weekend hours as needed.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent planning and organizational skills.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Proficient in use of Shareable Microsoft Excel, Word and Windows-based programs.
- Working knowledge and understanding of DOT (FMCSA) Safety & Hazardous Material Regulations.
- Experience with Web Based Dispatch, Shared Drive Communication
Apply online using the link here>>>https://www.indeed.com/job/interstate-dispatcher-18b0c126d8f314d0